On April 16th, try doing something you probably would not do otherwise (or maybe you would!): GO BAREFOOT.
TOMS shoes has chosen April 16th to raise awareness about the impact of what shoes can do to a child.
- Fact #1: In some developing nations, children must walk for miles to food, clean water and to seek medical help.
- Fact #2: Cuts and sores on feet can lead to serious infection.
- Fact #3: Often, children cannot attend school barefoot.
- Fact #4: In Ethiopia, approximately one million people are suffering from Podoconiosis, a debilitating and disfiguring disease caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil.
- Fact #5: Podoconiosis is 100% preventable by wearing shoes.